Today during my visit to one of the lingerie stores, there was a conversation between two beautiful ladies on 36c vs 36d and what the difference is between both bras; upon hearing, it was pretty clear that she didn’t know how the bra sizes are calculated.
I thought, why not pen it down 36c and 36d quick reference guide on the blog as there might be many searching for the correct answer on the difference and comparison between 36c and 36d bras.
What is the difference between 36c and 36d?
Let’s make it simple to understand: How did you get the breast size of 36c?
- Bust Size – (Band Size + 4 inch) = Difference
- so, 39 Inch bust size – (32 inch Band Size + 4) = 3 inch (the difference)
- The difference between the bust and band will reflect the cup size; 1 = A, 2 = B, 3 = C, 4 = D and so on.
- the volume of the cup increases by 1 inch when we compare 36c vs 36 d.
What is 36c and 36d Equivalent Bra Size
We have covered this topic in a separate post on Equivalent bra sizes, also known as Bra Sister Sizes.
To find out Sister sizes, you have two options,
- Go one band size bigger and one cup size smaller, or
- One band size smaller and one cup bigger; check below for your next size up and down.
- Equivalent sizes for 36 c are 38b or 34d
- Equivalent sizes for 36d are 38c or 38dd
36c and 36d Front Closure Bra
Before purchasing front closure bra first you need to decide the preferred closure type, below are the types available;
- Hook and Eye
Types of Bra Available for 36c and 36d Sizes
- padded bra
- nursing bra
- wireless bra
- full coverage bra
- Demi & Balconette
Few Recommended Bras of 36C and 36D Sizes You Should Have a Look At.
- Playtex Women’s Secrets Shapes & Supports Balconette Full-Figure Underwire Bra Us4823 ($ 20.88)
- DELIMIRA Women’s Front Closure Plus Size Full Coverage Lace Underwire Racerback Bra ($ 28.99)
- DOBREVA Women’s Push Up Bra Racerback Front Closure Bras Lace Padded Underwire Plunge Floral ($ 23.99)
- MIXZONES Women’s Zip Front Closure Sports Bra – Seamless Wirefree Racerback with Removable Padded Zipper Bras Plus Size 4XL ($ 29.99)
- Burvogue Women Post-Surgery Front Closure Brassiere Sports Bra ($ 22.99)
Lets take few questions what might come into your mind.
Read: Do you Know your Breast Shape?
Q. Which is bigger size 36c or 36d?
Ans: 36d is bigger size as the band sizes are same but the cup size is different, 36 D size have more volume as compare to 36 c.
Q. Is a 36c and a 36d the same bra size?
And: No, they are not equal. Read above question.
Q. Can i fit into a 36c if im a 36d?
And: 36c cups are smaller as compare to your d size, better alternative would be to check your sister sizes. 36 c should not wear 36 d.
Q. Is 36C the same as 34D in bra size?
Ans: Not same, but 34D would be your sister size which will give almost same or more comforst as compared to your normal size.
Q. How come I can fit both on a 36C and a 36D bra size?
Ans. First of all both are having a difference in cup volume so 36c can fit easily in 36d, but for Dit would be a bit hard to adjust. Also you need to consider that size changes with brand, its the bra manufacturer who put the tag of B, C, D so that is also one of the key point you need to keep in mind while shopping.
Q. Is D cup bigger than C?
Ans: Yes D cup is bigger than C cup by an inch.
Q. What is the sister size for 36C?
Ans: 38b and 34d are the sister size for 36C
36C vs 36D, the only difference between both, is the cup size, and the band remains the same.